Psychometrist - .1
Lancaster General Hospital
7271 Alzheimer & Memory
This position is located in Lancaster
0.1 Casual position to work as needed, hours between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, with flexible schedule. Must be bilingual in Spanish.
POSITION SUMMARY: Administers and scores psychological and neuropsychological tests upon requests of, and under supervision of, staff psychologists.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Works in collaboration with psychologists in the treatment and care management of patients. Collects appropriate information regarding patient social history, presenting complaints and symptoms, response to treatments and evaluations.
- Schedules patients, administers and scores psychological and neuropsychological tests, and summarizes test data.
- Communicates results of psychological and neuropsychological testing of inpatients. Communicates results of psychological and neuropsychological testing of outpatients within eight working days of the initial request.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to properly interview patients, to administer and score existing and new psychological and neuropsychological tests.
- Trains and supervises master’s level practicum students and predoctoral and postdoctoral residents and psychologists in the administration of neuropsychological and psychological test batteries to ensure proper standardization, acceptable sequencing an accurate scoring.
- Assumes responsibility for organizing and overseeing the functions and procedures of the neuropsychological assessment lab. Maintains knowledge of new instruments and procedures, managing inventory, utilization of software including assisting with technical support and troubleshooting. Acquires and maintains knowledge and skills in the area of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques.
- Schedules and provides relaxation training and biofeedback to patients.
- Develops and implements treatment protocols for biofeedback/relaxation patients in collaboration with psychologist
- Trains and supervises master’s level practicum students and predoctoral and postdoctoral residents in relaxation and biofeedback treatments.
- Assumes responsibility for organizing and overseeing the functions and procedures of the biofeedback lab. Maintains knowledge of new instruments and procedures, managing inventory, utilization of software including assisting with technical support and troubleshooting.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Pyschology or related field
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 07/18/2019
- One (1) to two (2) years of human services work.
- Master’s degree
- one-half (1/2) year of experience in test procedures