Lancaster General Hospital
4561 Behavioral Health Emergency
Behavioral Health ED
Job Title: Psych Liaison
This position works in Lancaster, Pa.
Full-time, 1.0. 80 hours per two weeks working 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm with rotating weekends and holiday
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Psych Liaison to work in the Behavioral health department in the Emergency Room. The Psych Liaison evaluates the patient’s circumstances and psychosocial situation prior to admission. Participates in developing and executing a treatment plan and coordinates discharge planning. Assists patients and family members in obtaining recommended psychiatric care.
Gathers social history information on admissions to the Behavioral Health Emergency (BHE) area in the Emergency Department (ED) from patients and their families, the referring physician, police and referring agency regarding patient's circumstances that led to admission.
● Working in conjunction with the ED and BHE team, coordinates psychiatric care for patients presenting in the Psych ED.
● Maintains working relationship with regional psychiatric care resources. Assists in screening patients for admission or disposition, and reports findings to medical director, on-call psychiatrist, nurse, or other professional
. ● Contributes to and/or drafts aftercare plans for physician review regarding psychiatric patients’ referrals to appropriate treatment agencies and other community programs.
● Documents patient histories, clinical assessments and recommendations in the current Electronic Medical Record, or on paper, and updates clinical observations within department and organizational documentation standards.
● Works in collaboration with the nurse assigned to the patient in either the BHE or ED to manage patient care.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related Human Services field or Bachelor's degree and (5) years of direct patient care in a psychiatric setting.
Masters degree in a related field.
- Two years experience in mental health/hospital setting.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 03/03/2020