Proton Project Manager
Lancaster General Hospital
7225 SOP-Radiation Oncology
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time 1.0 FTE 40hrs/wk- Monday through Friday- Day
POSITION SUMMARY: Lead, guide and direct the implementation of Proton Therapy and other radiation oncology processes. Coordinate the project amongst various departments involved and with Penn department of radiation oncology. Coordinate resources, provide project leadership and direction, give guidance to project teams, identify problems in critical pathways, and facilitate teamwork among services required for the successful implementation of the project. Report findings and make recommendations to the steering committee. Reports to the manager of radiation oncology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Ongoing responsibilities include managing the program/project budget, development and management to the plan, coordination with the department and staff, risk assessment and mitigation, and problem resolution. Ensure the completion of programs/projects within budgets and project plans and the integration of projects with existing clinical, administrative and financial guidance.
- Ongoing analysis of processes, associated with radiation oncology and the implementation of Proton therapy.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the department.
- Make appropriate recommendations for implementation and/or change and develop a project team.
- Provide leadership/direction for the implementation of newly established policies and procedures within radiation oncology.
- Communicate project status to the steering committee and executive team. Acts as communication liaison to all involved departments and stakeholders associated with the project.
- Develop realistic timeline and detailed work plan for the projects.
- Design and develop a training plan.
- Routinely triage problems by gathering and documenting problem details and determine root causes, correcting the problem, or elevate the problem to the appropriate level.
- Monitor and control project issues and risks. Engage appropriate resources to resolve implementation related issues. Support users/team members with problem solving. Ensure successful system installations.
- Ensure completion of test, implementation, and back-out plans. Perform project tasks, which includes obtaining project sponsor approval to close the project and transitioning to an operational support model
Interface with I.S. management, other department managers and operational staff on existing or proposed systems, providing support and requirements definition, always fostering positive working relations and keeping customer satisfaction as primary goal.
Promote team building for project teams and department.
Support radiation oncology with other special projects as requested
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiation Oncology, Business Administration, related field or equivalent experience.
- Registration as a Radiation Therapy Technologist, issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Radiation Therapy Technologist.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Two years of experience managing projects
Posted on 10/16/2019
- Three or more (3) years of experience serving in a leadership role, managing an operational department
- Three years of experience managing cross functional projects