Proton Procedure Scheduler - ABBCI Radiation/Oncology (Full Time/ Day Shift)
This position hours will change in the future and will be working til 7PM
POSITION SUMMARY: The Procedure Scheduler schedules patients for surgery or specialty procedures, maintains an understanding of the procedures being performed, and schedules each procedure in accordance with the operating physician’s schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Schedules patient procedures in accordance with the operating physician’s, surgical assistants, and/or other specialists’ schedules.
- Obtains necessary pre-authorizations for all procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of procedure orders.
- Ensures that all patient consents are available in the chart prior to the day of the procedure.
- Reviews pre procedure checklist to verify all required tests are completed prior to the procedure.
- Maintains knowledge of the various procedures performed and associated medical coding in order to accurately schedule procedure with associated equipment and supply needs.
- Coordinates all procedure-related appointments for the patient i.e. pre-op teaching classes, post-op appointments, pre-op testing, and any additional follow up.
- Assists in providing patients with pre-procedure instructions (i.e. time to arrive, food and drink intake instructions, etc).
- Communicates any changes or cancellations in scheduled procedure times to patients and affected providers/facilities. Responsible for rescheduling procedures as necessary.
- Assists with the coordination of physicians’ procedure, the office, and meeting schedules as needed.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 or more years’ experience working in the medical field/medical office setting.
- Strong computer skills (including Excel and Word).
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- 3 or more prior years’ experience working in a surgical office or as a surgical scheduler.
- Prior pre-authorization experience.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish).
- Insurance pre-certification experience.
- Knowledge of CPT codes and ICD codes and their use.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/27/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.