Project & Maintenance Supervisor
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday - Friday 7:30AM to 4:30PM.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages and oversees the maintenance of assigned LG-owned and/or managed properties. Oversees other property management or real estate projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees and ensures that LG-owned or managed properties are maintained in satisfactory condition, assigning repairs/maintenance to in-house or subcontracted parties to maximize cost effectiveness while maintaining quality. Evaluates and documents the physical condition of properties on an ongoing basis & makes recommendations and takes action as necessary.
- Negotiates and maintains agreements and contracts with tradespeople to assure cost effective, quality upkeep of the properties. Ensures that 100% of the contractors that are engaged to work on LG properties meet the standard requirements regarding safety and documented insurance coverage.
- Manages capital project activities by planning, organizing, scheduling and controlling manpower, materials, equipment and other associated resources.
- Coordinates and controls outside contractors in the performance of purchased services and/or other building trades work. Assures work is performed in new construction or other building trades work. Assures work is performed in compliance with life safety and all other regulatory requirements of JCAHO, DOH, NFPA requirements and conformance with Hospital Standards and Practice. Supports contractors with required utility shutdowns and interfacing of existing systems.
- Participates in recruitment, training, retention, and termination of assigned personnel. Assures appropriate orientation of new employees & encourages professional growth, development & accountability by identifying developmental needs & providing the appropriate in-service programs, coaching, modeling, direction & resources needed to meet these needs. Responsible for performance reviews of direct personnel.
- Interprets Lancaster General Hospital and department head policies, objectives and operational procedures to department heads and meets with staff members to interpret changes in operational procedures.
- Assists with the review of the area surrounding Downtown LGH campus for properties available for sale, makes recommendations regarding the acquisitions of those properties when appropriate. Assists with reporting on prospective investment properties projecting revenues, costs and future cash streams accurately.
- Prepares and analyzes reports and assists in the development of business strategies based on data prepared.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Perform all other reasonably-related duties of an equal or lower nature as may be directed in the sole discretion of management.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of building codes and all applicable governmental regulations
- Current Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- At least 5 years property management/project management/real estate experience
- BS in Business Administration or related field
- Valid PA Real Estate Salesperson or Broker’s license, preferably in commercial real estate
- CPM, or willing to pursue CPM designation within one year of hire
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/14/2021