Lancaster General Hospital
2525 Project Management Office
IS Project Management Office
Hours: Full-Time; Day Shift.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will facilitate change and take shared accountability with operational, clinical and IS staff in order to achieve transformational results to accomplish quality and efficiency improvement.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develops, implements and updates comprehensive plans to integrate data into the electronic health record for ease of use and reporting.
- Formulates improvement strategies/approaches bases on understanding of infrastructure and business needs, with particular focus on optimizing use of the electronic medical record and clinical system applications related to the delivery of patient care.
- Hardwires process improvements and embeds process and outcome metrics in improvement initiatives that draw data electronically from clinical and administrative records; are presented in easy to understand graphic format; and have sufficient detail to identify specific sources of actionable opportunity.
- Uses analytic and subjective assessment skills to identify substantial performance improvement opportunities at the project level.
- Drives engagement strategies for improving physician and staff patient care practices based on various models (PCMH, clinical guidelines, best practices and internal and external benchmarks).
- Collaborates with nursing staff, physicians, and other members of health care team to achieve patient outcomes within allotted time period utilizing unit, hospital, and outpatient resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provides concurrent and retrospective review and analysis of care provided at patient, program and institutional level for designated patient populations across the healthcare system.
- Facilitates the formation of collaborative improvement teams and leads the efforts in meeting the goals of the team including variance analysis, aggregate trend analysis, and recommendations for changes in practice to improve outcomes.
- Designs, implement and evaluates systems and processes to support improved outcomes that address the special needs of a designated patient population.
- Facilitates teams through process improvement activities including the use of quality improvement tools like brainstorming, affinity diagrams, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Assesses the local stakeholder environment and builds the support and will to address improvement opportunities among line staff, department managers, vice presidents, physicians, physician program leaders and department managers.
- Establishes and manages relationships to achieve transformational change with line staff, physicians, physician program leaders and chairs.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related field. Relevant or commensurate experience will also be considered.
- Expertise in process management and, in particular, advanced training in lean, six sigma.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities successfully
- Ability to negotiate, interact with and hold both internal and external parties accountable to project deadlines and financial budgets.
- Previous experience using quality improvement tools
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical, team building and leadership skills.
- 3 years professional experience in business analytics, project management or healthcare operations preferred.
- 1 year experience in physician practice management (including comprehensive knowledge of daily operational requirements of such practices) preferred.
- Sophisticated experience in public and personal relations preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 09/19/2019