Procedure Scheduler (Bariatric Physician Specialist Office-Suburban Outpatient Pavilion)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Full Time 40 hrs per week, M-Fri 8 am to 4:30 pm. No weekends or major holidays. This position is located in Lancaster, PA at the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion.
HOURS: Full Time 40 hrs per week, M-Fri 8 am to 4:30 pm. No weekends or major holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Procedure Scheduler schedules patients for surgery, maintains an understanding of the procedures being performed, and schedules each procedure in accordance with the operating physician’s schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Schedules patients procedures in accordance with the operating physician’s, surgical assistants, and other surgical specialists’ schedules if necessary.
- Ensure that insurance company, patient, and referring physician’s facility and timeframe preferences are taken into consideration.
- Obtain necessary procedure pre-authorizations.
- Communicate with accounts receivable on self-pay patients.
- Maintain knowledge of the various procedures performed in order to accurately answer patient questions pertaining to their procedure.
- Explain the Informed Consent paperwork to the patient and obtain proper signatures.
- Prepare all surgical procedure orders.
- Verify all required tests needed prior to surgery are complete.
- Thoroughly direct patients on all pre-surgical instructions (i.e. time to arrive, food and drink intake instructions, etc).
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working in a business or medical office setting.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prior experience working in a surgical office, or as a surgical scheduler.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish).
- Insurance pre-certification experience
- Knowledge of CPT codes and ICD codes and their use.
- Moderate computer skills; especially Excel and Word.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/22/2021