Principal Trainer - Pharmacy
Lancaster General Hospital
2533 IS Training
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time
PURPOSE: The Principal Trainer is a subject matter expert working on and with the e-Health Project Team that provides comprehensive end user training by:
- providing ongoing and just-in-time end user e-Health training for end users,
- participating in IS projects to provide training on new system functionality,
- serving as a liaison between application/system analysts and the business unit for system changes, workflow analysis and design.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 95%. Qualified individuals must have the ability - - with or without reasonable accommodation - - to perform the following duties:
- Develops/revises, delivers, and maintains training materials for e-Health, as it relates to current state, future state, upgrade and system changes.
- Maintains competency with application enhancements as they relate to the business process, current technology, software and hardware.
- Prepares and maintains communication materials for the end users related to e-Health system changes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of e-Health training which includes soliciting participant feedback and making program improvements to meet end user needs.
- Participates in IS Projects to provide assistance with workflow analysis, training develop & delivery and end user support. This participation covers new to e-Health practices/hospitals and application enhancements.
- Completes build of MST environments during specified rebuild times for application training. Continues maintenance of those environments between rebuilds.
- Acts as a liaison with the Clinical Informatics Liaisons and Operations to provide end user support
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 5%. The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Completes and maintains any application certification/training successfully.
- Tests and validates changes/enhancements prior to implementation by the system administrators/application analysis.
- Provides at the elbow support for enhancement, project or new hire onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approve equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Pennsylvania Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application.
- Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4) years clinical operations experience in area requiring licensure/certification.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with departmental operations and workflows.
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Two (2) years of experience in providing end user support and training in a clinical care setting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with all levels of management.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Posted on 03/10/2020
- Five (5) years of experience in a clinical care setting.
- Five (5) years of experience in training delivery.
- Five (5) years of experience in providing end user support.
- Two (2) years of experience in curriculum.
- Two (2) years of experience in training evaluation.