Principal Trainer - OpTime
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2533 IS Training
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk); day shift with occasional shift and weekend hours depending on the projects occuring.
PURPOSE: The Principal Trainer is a subject matter expert working on and with the e-Health Project Team that provides comprehensive end user training by:
- providing ongoing and just-in-time end user e-Health training for end users,
- participating in IS projects to provide training on new system functionality,
- serving as a liaison between application/system analysts and the business unit for system changes, workflow analysis and design.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 95%. Qualified individuals must have the ability - - with or without reasonable accommodation - - to perform the following duties:
- Develops/revises, delivers, and maintains training materials for e-Health, as it relates to current state, future state, upgrade and system changes.
- Maintains competency with application enhancements as they relate to the business process, current technology, software and hardware.
- Prepares and maintains communication materials for the end users related to e-Health system changes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of e-Health training which includes soliciting participant feedback and making program improvements to meet end user needs.
- Participates in IS Projects to provide assistance with workflow analysis, training develop & delivery and end user support. This participation covers new to e-Health practices/hospitals and application enhancements.
- Completes build of MST environments during specified rebuild times for application training. Continues maintenance of those environments between rebuilds.
- Acts as a liaison with the Clinical Informatics Liaisons to provide end user support
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 5%. The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Completes and maintains any application certification/training successfully.
- Tests and validates changes/enhancements prior to implementation by the system administrators/application analysis.
- Provides at the elbow support for enhancement, project or new hire onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- Clinical Positions - Dependent on the application module the position will be supporting, one of the following may be required: Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing. Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, issued by a program for practical nursing accredited by the PA State Board of Nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Pennsylvania. Certification in Radiological Technology, issued by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists. Certification in Radiation Therapy Technology, issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology. Certification in another clinical or ancillary field. Non-Clinical Positions - Bachelor of Science degree in a related field (Training and Development, Business, Computer Science, Nursing, Adult Education or area of specialty) or approved combination of education and experience is required. Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Clinical positions: Four (4) years clinical operations experience in area requiring licensure/certification. Non-Clinical positions: Two (2) years of experience in a clinical care setting. In-depth knowledge and experience with departmental operations and workflows. Two (2) years of experience in providing end user support and training in a clinical care setting. Strong analytical skills. Strong communication skills, ability to work with all levels of management.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years of experience in a clinical care setting. Five (5) years of experience in training delivery. Five (5) years of experience in providing end user support. Two (2) years of experience in curriculum. Two (2) years of experience in training evaluation.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/07/2021