Lancaster General Hospital
9530 Interns & Residents
Downtown Family & Community Medicine- Residents
POSITION SUMMARY: This preceptor would be supervising resident physicians in family medicine at the residency based clinic. The clinic would operate every other Monday morning at Downtown Family Medicine. Patients referred from a variety of primary care settings, including LGHP, would be seen for approximately 3 hours followed by formal didactics for resident physicians for 30 minutes to 60 minutes. It would be the responsibility of the preceptor to physically see and examine each patient, document a note in the electronic medical record, and completely supervise any procedures during the clinic session. Additionally, as previously mentioned, resident education would also be a major component of this job in the form of both patient-based teaching as well as formal lectures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Practice specialty
- Teach resident physicians and medical students
- Access and effectively use Epic
- Appropriately bill dermatologic office visits
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
- Board Certified in Specialty
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
Posted on 11/12/2019
- At least three (3) years clinical patient care experience as a specialist.