Practice Nurse Roseville Pediatrics (Part-Time)
The practice nurses at Roseville Pediatrics provides primary care exclusively for children from birth through age 18+. Lancaster General Health Roseville Pediatrics is an integral part of the healthcare team in the outpatient settings, providing a coordinated and holistic approach to patient care through our patient centered model. We partner with our providers and other members of our clinical support team in the delivery of all patient care which positively impact the lives of our patients.
Through a supportive and collaborative environment, we are encouraged to advance our skills, expand our clinical knowledge and pursue professional growth. Additionally, we serve our providers, patients and their families by obtaining historical medical information from patients, obtaining vital signs, reviewing medications (past and present), providing sound clinical advice via our triage protocols and providing ongoing lifestyle education. As a Practice Nurse, we have the opportunity to participate in daily/weekly huddles and are empowered to share new and innovative ideas, influencing clinical practice within our own department as well as the overarching health system and community.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA and Lititz, PA
HOURS: Part-time 0.5 FTE (40 hours/2 weeks); varying shifts Monday - Friday 7:45am - close; rotating weekend and holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodations) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares patient for visit by utilizing our LGHP rooming standards tool.
- Reviews and prepares patient prescription refills request.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice
- Provides ongoing patient education including, but not limited to, preventive care, chronic care management, medication usage, acute diagnosis treatment and follow up and other areas pertinent to specific patient outcomes.
- Prepares and assists providers with various office based procedures and treatments.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing and vision, Spot Vision Screenings, Rapid Cepheid Influenza, RSV and COVID test, Rapid Cepheid Strep test, Urinalysis, Hgb and Lead Screens.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring patient administered test and patient overdue laboratory orders.
- Assesses wounds and initiates the removal of sutures/staples as needed.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit.
- Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure and as needed.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to assist with ongoing improvement efforts for overall positive patient experience and quality of care.
- Positively influences patient experience via patient advocacy and personalized interactions with patients, their families, office visitors and colleagues.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Provides sound clinical advice via phone and/or electronic correspondence based on our triage protocols and their nursing judgment in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Other duties as assigned
- May require some travel - valid driver's license is required
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs various front office responsibilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a LPN or a RN educational program
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- AHA CPR/BLS certification required.
- One (1) to Two (2) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office.
- Prior triage or other related specialty nursing experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/05/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.