Practice Nurse Centralized Nurse Triage (Full-Time/Day Shift)
This position will provide support to providers, staff and patients who fall under the auspices of the LGHP (Lancaster General Health Physicians) and/or partnering practices. Responsible for the telephonic/electronic intake, assessment, planning, coordination, and implementation of standardized protocols relating to patient symptoms and dispensation of medical advice. The triage nurse will assist with triage in the EMR in-basket and nurse telephone line, nurse case management, collaboration with clinical teams, clinicians, and other departments as necessary, and provide quality patient care in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation standards. This patient-centered position delivers services with focus on customer service and symptom management. This nurse works with all primary care practices to assist with triage duties and related tasks.
LOCATION: Lititz, PA
HOURS: Full-time 1.0 FTE (80 hours/2 weeks); Working in Centralized Monday- Fridays; no holidays; Occasional coverage in office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Monitors and responds to triage calls in person, through the the nurse phone line and/or via an EPIC inbasket.
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and directs them to emergency rooms/urgent care centers, dispenses home care advice, or schedules appointments with health care clinicians during office hours.
- Determines urgency of seeing patient based on brief assessment and familiarity with patient’s condition and history.
- Uses computerized, evidence-based clinical decision making including algorithms.
- Sends patients with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to emergency departments immediately or arranges for an ambulance.
- Provides appropriate home health advice to patients who do not need to go directly to the emergency room, and schedules appointment with provider as necessary.
- Ensures accurate documentation forall conversations and treatments are recorded in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Arranges appointments for patients who do not need to go to the emergency room but need to see a physician. Consults with clinicians as needed.
- Provides generalized health information as appropriate when patients have questions, i.e. “Do I need a flu shot?”
- Serves as a clinical resource and professional role model for other nursing staff.
- Prioritizes work tasks and services and completes them in a timely manner.
- Assists in medical chart reviews and compiling data for audits and reports.
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise progress notes, problem lists, and medication lists.
- Provides patient education regarding disease processes, therapies, and healthful behaviors.
- Communicates appropriately and tactfully with all staff, patients, families, consultants, and community members in accordance with the Penn Medicine Experience Standards.
- Provides timely response to calls and patient/staff inquiries.
- Participates in staff, planning, in-service, and other meetings as needed.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned as related to triage workflows.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, or Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing required.
- Healthcare BLS
- Minimum of Three (3) years of clinical experience in direct patient care, preferably ambulatory care setting
- Current CPR certification
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer skills and knowledge of word processing
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an independent environment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/20/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.