Practice Nurse (LPN), Roseville Pediatrics, Lancaster, PA (Full-Time, Days)
*Sign-on Bonus: $2,250!
To provide nursing services to patients and their families at our outpatient practice. Patient care includes, but is not limited to, care to patients in the following age groups: Pediatric (Newborn to 12 years), Adolescent (13 to 17 years) and Young Adult (18+ years).
Full-time | 36 Hrs work week | 0.9 FTE
Shifts vary based on office hours and include rotating weekend and holiday shift responsibilities. The position requires working 2 closing shifts weekly.
General Office Hours
Monday - Friday | 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodations) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares patients for visit by utilizing our LGHP rooming standards tool.
- Reviews and prepares patient prescription refill requests.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice
- Provides ongoing patient education including, but not limited to, preventive care, chronic care management, medication usage, acute diagnosis treatment and follow up and other areas pertinent to specific patient outcomes.
- Prepares and assists providers with various office based procedures and treatments.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing and vision, Spot Vision Screenings, Rapid Cepheid Influenza, RSV and COVID test, Rapid Cepheid Strep test, Urinalysis, Hgb and Lead Screens.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring patient administered test and patient overdue laboratory orders.
- Assesses wounds and initiates the removal of sutures/staples as needed.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit.
- Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure and as needed.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to assist with ongoing improvement efforts for overall positive patient experience and quality of care.
- Positively influences patient experience via patient advocacy and personalized interactions with patients, their families, office visitors and colleagues.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Provides sound clinical advice via phone and/or electronic correspondence based on our triage protocols and their nursing judgment in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs various front office responsibilities as necessary.
- May require some regional travel - valid driver's license is required if traveling.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License, issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification
- One (1) to Two (2) years of nursing experience in an outpatient primary or specialty care physician’s office setting preferred.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
* Sign-on bonus applicable to new employees with a 2 yr commitment to LGH.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/18/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.