Practice Manager -Pain Management Center
Lancaster General Hospital
7266 SOP-Pain Management Center
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time- Monday - Friday- Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall coordination of practice functions, including personnel management and business operations, working closely with the Managing Physician, Director of Operations and system representatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of practice operations including: scheduling; registration; authorization/referral and billing/coding functions.
- Ensure smooth daily operation of the practice; appropriately troubleshoot problems and proactively identify issues and develop recommendations for resolving issues.
- Ensure adequate staffing and inventory of supplies; complete expenditure requisitions for office purchases.
- In conjunction with the physicians and Director of Operations, develop departmental goals and objectives.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for improvement in office operations that align with LGMG practice standards.
- Involve appropriate parties in practice analysis and decision-making; proactively identify potential effects or impact of decisions and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Independently identify needs for structural and other significant changes within the practice; compile data to support needs and develop recommendations for review with physicians and Director of Operations; upon approval, prepare implementation plans and coordinate/facilitate all implementation activities; monitor changes and make adjustments as necessary; evaluate and report impact of changes.
- Coordinate and actively participate in marketing of the practice, physician recruitment and new program development/expansion; develop business plan and financial pro-formas to support program expansion; coordinate all related activities as directed by the physicians or Director of Operations.
- Coordinate new physician practice development including licensing, credentialing, logistical and administrative requirements and orientation.
- Support and implement Medical Group and system initiatives.
- Interview, select and orient practice staff.
- Develop and ensure compliance with competencies and standards of performance.
- Ensure optimal staffing to perform practice operations.
- With guidance from physicians or Director of Operations, develop standards of performance, monitor performance and address performance issues, according to Physician Services/LGMG/LG Health policies and procedures.
- Encourage and support staff development.
- Clearly communicate with all staff seek input and feedback from staff on practice needs and operational changes within the practice; include staff in decision-making, where appropriate.
- Model every time behaviors and set expectations for practice staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and create action plans based on annual employee opinion survey.
- Interview and select staff who will most likely succeed.
- With assistance from Director of Operations, develop annual operating budget for practice.
- Understand and implement revenue cycle process and workflows at the practice level.
- Analyze monthly income and expense reports, quarterly Physician Compensation Model; identify major trends and explain variability; prepare budget variance reports and develop action plans, as appropriate.
- Manage office expenses and review monthly accounting reports for accuracy; identify potential savings for the practice.
- Review practice operations, activity and financial reports with physicians.
- Facilitate provision of high quality clinical care
- Assure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to improve clinical outcomes.
- Monitor patient satisfaction and develop action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for the retention of successful employees
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform responsibilities of and/or provide coverage for assigned staff.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalency (GED)
- Requires knowledge of health care/ambulatory care management as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree in Business or Health Administration or a related field.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 02/21/2020
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- One (1) year of previous practice management experience.