Practice Manager - Infectious Disease Specialists
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61030 Infectious Disease
Regional Operations- Specialty Care
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is full-time at Infectious Disease Specialists at the Suburban Pavilion in Lancaster, PA.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall coordination of practice functions, including personnel management and business operations, working closely with physicians, administration and system representatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of practice operations including: scheduling; registration; authorization/referral and billing/coding functions.
- Ensure smooth daily operation of the practice; appropriately troubleshoot problems and proactively identify issues and develop recommendations for resolving issues.
- Ensure adequate staffing and inventory of supplies; complete expenditure requisitions for office purchases.
- In conjunction with the providers and administrators, develop departmental goals and objectives.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for improvement in office operations that align with practice standards.
- Involve appropriate parties in practice analysis and decision-making; proactively identify potential effects or impact of decisions and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Independently identify needs for structural and other significant changes within the practice; compile data to support needs and develop recommendations for review with providers and administrators; upon approval, prepare implementation plans and coordinate/facilitate all implementation activities; monitor changes and make adjustments as necessary; evaluate and report impact of changes.
- Coordinate and actively participate in marketing of the practice, physician recruitment and new program development/expansion; develop business plan and financial pro-formas to support program expansion; coordinate all related activities as directed by responsible leadership.
- Coordinate new physician practice development including licensing, credentialing, logistical and administrative requirements and orientation.
- Support and implement Medical Group and system initiatives.
- Interview, select and orient practice staff.
- Develop and ensure compliance with competencies and standards of performance.
- Ensure optimal staffing to perform practice operations.
- With guidance from providers and administrators, develop standards of performance, monitor performance and address performance issues, according to Physician Services/LGMG/LG Health policies and procedures.
- Encourage and support staff development.
- Clearly communicate with all staff seek input and feedback from staff on practice needs and operational changes within the practice; include staff in decision-making, where appropriate.
- Model every time behaviors and set expectations for practice staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and create action plans based on annual employee opinion survey.
- Interview and select staff who will most likely succeed.
- With assistance from administration, develop annual operating budget for practice.
- Understand and implement revenue cycle process and workflows at the practice level.
- Analyze monthly income and expense reports, quarterly Physician Compensation Model; identify major trends and explain variability; prepare budget variance reports and develop action plans, as appropriate.
- Manage office expenses and review monthly accounting reports for accuracy; identify potential savings for the practice.
- Review practice operations, activity and financial reports with physicians.
- Facilitate provision of high quality clinical care
- Assure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to improve clinical outcomes.
- Monitor patient satisfaction and develop action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for the retention of successful employees
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform responsibilities of and/or provide coverage for assigned staff.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalency (GED)
- Requires knowledge of health care/ambulatory care management as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree in Business or Health Administration or a related field.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- One (1) year of previous practice management experience.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Medic Vision, LHA Mainframe
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/04/2021