Practice Manager (Full Time/Days)
On call rotation
Holidays/Weekends as needed
Practice Manager- (will support Norlanco Urgent Care & Kissel Hill Urgent Care)
Location: This position is located primarily in Elizabethtown, PA.
Schedule: 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday; Days. On Call rotation with holidays & weekends as needed.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall coordination of practice functions, including personnel management and business operations, working closely with physicians, administration and system representatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of practice operations including: scheduling; registration; authorization/referral and billing/coding functions.
- Ensure smooth daily operation of the practice; appropriately troubleshoot problems and proactively identify issues and develop recommendations for resolving issues.
- Ensure adequate staffing and inventory of supplies; complete expenditure requisitions for office purchases.
- In conjunction with the providers and administrators, develop departmental goals and objectives.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for improvement in office operations that align with practice standards.
- Involve appropriate parties in practice analysis and decision-making; proactively identify potential effects or impact of decisions and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Independently identify needs for structural and other significant changes within the practice; compile data to support needs and develop recommendations for review with providers and administrators; upon approval, prepare implementation plans and coordinate/facilitate all implementation activities; monitor changes and make adjustments as necessary; evaluate and report impact of changes.
- Coordinate and actively participate in marketing of the practice, physician recruitment and new program development/expansion; develop business plan and financial pro-formas to support program expansion; coordinate all related activities as directed by responsible leadership.
- Coordinate new physician practice development including licensing, credentialing, logistical and administrative requirements and orientation.
- Support and implement Medical Group and system initiatives.
- Interview, select and orient practice staff.
- Develop and ensure compliance with competencies and standards of performance.
- Ensure optimal staffing to perform practice operations.
- With guidance from providers and administrators, develop standards of performance, monitor performance and address performance issues, according to Physician Services/LGMG/LG Health policies and procedures.
- Encourage and support staff development.
- Clearly communicate with all staff seek input and feedback from staff on practice needs and operational changes within the practice; include staff in decision-making, where appropriate.
- Model every time behaviors and set expectations for practice staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and create action plans based on annual employee opinion survey.
- Interview and select staff who will most likely succeed.
- With assistance from administration, develop annual operating budget for practice.
- Understand and implement revenue cycle process and workflows at the practice level.
- Analyze monthly income and expense reports, quarterly Physician Compensation Model; identify major trends and explain variability; prepare budget variance reports and develop action plans, as appropriate.
- Manage office expenses and review monthly accounting reports for accuracy; identify potential savings for the practice.
- Review practice operations, activity and financial reports with physicians.
- Facilitate provision of high quality clinical care
- Assure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to improve clinical outcomes.
- Monitor patient satisfaction and develop action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for the retention of successful employees
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform responsibilities of and/or provide coverage for assigned staff.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or Nursing Supervisor experience of 5+ years with the completion of Bachelor's Degree within five years of Practice Manger position start date. Current Practice Managers hired prior to 7/1/2021 are grandfathered and must have a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Two (2) years of prior customer service experience.
- Four (4) years of supervisory experience preferably in practice management.
- Prior healthcare experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.