Practice Coding Coordinator (7am-3:30pm)
Monday-Friday 7-3:30pm. No Holidays or Weekends. Fully remote work after training
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the accurate and timely coding and/or billing entry for both inpatient/outpatient accounts.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm *fully remote after training
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Codes (ICD and CPT) patient encounters and enters charges/billing codes for all patient contacts for Lancaster General Hospital or other facilities
- Assures ICD and CPT codes are accurate, to ensure compliance with all third party payors.
- If appropriate, registers (or covers the registration) of all patient encounters.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of coding and billing requirements for all payor(s).
- Maintains current knowledge of all coding and billing processes as related to registration and charge entry.
- Assists with reviewing the results of record reviews, and corrects errors as instructed..
- Performs periodic, random record reviews to assure accurate coding and billing of charges.
- Reconciles charge entry against Admission/Discharge/Transfer or outpatient reports, to ensure that there are no discrepancies between documentation and dates of service entered.
- Organizes coding/billing information for filing after data entry.
- Maintains accurate record of all coding/billing documentation.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- May schedule office patients.
- Verifies patient’s personal information and updates system as necessary.
- Assists with filing, data entry or other clerical duties when necessary.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through AHIMA (American Health Information Association), or certified by AAPC (American Association Professional Coders) with certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC.) If not certified, coding certification is required within (3) years of employment.
- At least one year of experience with Professional CPT Coding
- One (1) year of experience coding with ICD-10.
- One (1) year experience in a physician office setting
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Prior experience performing retrospective reviews of Evaluation and management coding and/or surgical coding
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/12/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.