Plumber (Full-Time 7:30am-4:00pm)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant - 2
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides customer service by maintaining and repairing hospital plumbing systems. Provides skills required to install services during project work. Maintains and repairs facility plumbing. Installs, relocates, and tests new plumbing, mechanical systems, and equipment for hospital and properties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains, repairs, and/or installs piping and fixtures for drainage systems. This includes cleaning out of systems and removal of obstructions.
- Maintains, repairs and/or installs, domestic, heating, and cooling water systems, including piping, valves, coils, pumps, system balancing components, etc.
- Repairs or performs rough in and installation of plumbing fixtures, washer sanitizers, water fountains, etc.
- Repairs or installs steam system components, including piping, traps, strainers, hot water generators, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Services, packs, and repairs pumps, motors, and valves.
- Troubleshoots and repairs medical compressed air and vacuum systems and components.
- Repairs or installs fire protection sprinkler and water distribution systems and components.
- Reviews prints and prepares sketches, drawings, or layout information for new installations or modifications and submits for review.
- Makes recommendations to Lead Technician and Supervisor for improving plumbing, water, steam, and medical gas systems operation and equipment.
- Utilizes computerized maintenance management system to monitor workload, assigned tasks and priority requests.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Manufactures replacement parts and gaskets for valves, boilers, heat exchangers, etc. and fabricates brackets for equipment, hanging devices, stands, and supports.
- Performs general metal working and cutting tasks.
- Participates in departmental in-service programs to improve working knowledge of equipment and processes.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Journeyman Plumbing license is required, issued by the Department of Housing, Plumbing Division.
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Five (5) years of experience with plumbing installation (sewer).
- Five (5) years of experience with plumbing installation (supply water system).
- Three (3) years of experience with steam systems.
- Two (2) of experience with heating and cooling systems.
- Two (2) years of experience repairing pumps and motors.
- Two (2) years of welding experience.
- One (1) year of experience with fine sprinkler systems.
- One (1) year of experience with MEB gas systems.
- One (1) year of experience with metal.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING ‑ The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, pipe wrenches, levels, hammers, chisels, plungers, wrenches, screw drivers, pipe cutters, hand snips, cutters, freeze kits, hand drills, sawsall, hammer drills, augers, pipe threaders, welders, portable pumps, gas torches, wet vacs, portable fans, core bore, grinders, drill press, band saw.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, computerized maintenance management system.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Frequently
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: Frequently
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Frequently
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Blood borne Pathogens
- High Pressure Steam/Gas
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/30/2021