Lancaster General Hospital
61275 Plastic Surgery
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of plastic surgery including reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Maintain most contemporary competencies in all emerging areas of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide appropriate cognitive and procedural office-based plastic surgery services.
- Develop a respected and highly reputable cosmetic surgery service.
- Serve as an example of physician collaboration with nursing and others to advance patient care.
- Participate in all relevant performance improvement initiatives.
- Participate in all relevant peer review processes.
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Recommend and advise regarding any emerging technologies in the field of reconstructive or cosmetic surgery.
- Assist with the development of support services for cancer care, bariatrics, and other related clinical areas.
- Maintains specialty board certification
- Assists with recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Completion of ACGME recognized or AOA approved training program in plastic surgery
- Board Eligibility for Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or its equivalent if within 5 years of completion of training
- Current Board Certification if residency or fellowship training was completed more than 5 years prior
- Medical Licensure by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Eligibility for full and unrestricted privileges at Lancaster General Hospital and all Lancaster General affiliated organizations
- Prior experience in clinical medicine as a plastic surgeon
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- At least three years clinical patient care experience as a specialist in Plastic/Cosmetic Medicine.
Posted on 09/10/2019
- Lancaster County is a growing and dynamic community with more than a half million residents. We have critically acclaimed restaurants, are home to private/state colleges and are within driving distance of several large metropolitan areas (Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, DC).