Pizza Production Lead - Food Services
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: 1st/2nd Shift ( weekend rotation), 40 hours p/ week, Monday - Friday, every other weekend/holiday.
Responsible for setting up and maintaining food production and quality control of food items prepared in the kitchen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares food items necessary for assigned area.
- Assigns specific duties to associates under supervision for efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Ensures proper storage and handling of products
- Uses portion, presentation and recipe controls.
- Maintains cleanliness of all kitchen areas, including food and non-food working areas.
- Reports equipment repair/maintenance to appropriate supervisor or facility department.
- Oversees and guides team members in absence of Sous Chef or Manager.
- Trains and schedules associates. Assists with performance management.
- Completes inventory and orders under the direction of Manager
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays in serving lines.
- Greets customers courteously and interacts in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned.
Include if applicable:
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of culinary experience
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Cooking Equipment, Kitchen tools, Cleaning Equipment
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Point of Sale
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Temperatures
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/07/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.