Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is seeking a full-time Physicist to join their Radiation Oncology team at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute. Join a collaborative and dynamic group of four Radiation Oncologists, five Medical Physicists including the chief physicist and five Certified Medical Dosimetrists. The Radiation Oncology Clinic includes state of the art technology including two Varian Truebeam Linacs, one Halcyon, Accuray Cyber Knife, Tomotherapy unit, Gamma Med HDR unit, Siemens CT Simulator. A new state-of-the-art proton therapy facility is being built and planned to open spring 2022, becoming the second site in Pennsylvania to offer the innovative radiation therapy to cancer patients.
A full range of radiation oncology services 3D, IMRT, High Dose Rate brachytherapy, SRS and SBRT are offered. Other software and equipment include Aria R&V, Varian Eclipse and Accuray Precision TPS, Varian BrachyVision, MIM, Velocity, Radcalc, RIT, Mapcheck, ArcCheck, Matrix, IC- Profiler, Daily QA3, IBA and PTW Beam scanners, CIRS phantom and a full complement of phantoms and chambers for routine QA.
- Completion of a Masters or Ph.D. in Physics
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology or American Board of Medical Physicists or Board eligible-certification to be achieved within 3 years of employment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current radiation therapy principles, methods, procedures and techniques.
- 3+ years’ experience preferred
- Proton experience is desired but not required
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 03/14/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.