Physician Relations Liaison
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk)
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for developing and implementing a marketing and sales plan to grow referrals from providers and/or physician practices to Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health programs. The physician liaison is the primary face of Penn Medicine to referring providers and is responsible for increasing loyalty and preference to Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health. Responsibilities include understanding key referral relationships, and referring provider needs, and building and supporting relationships, coordinating and acting as a key resource for internal and external clients and identifying new business opportunities with referring practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Serve as field and audience expert, and important for inclusion for network and program development.
- Understanding of matrixed health system relationships with ability to position opportunities and challenges to effectively facilitate resolution.
- Responsible for identifying and targeting ways of bringing business to Penn Medicine through new and established referring physician relationships using variety of referral data sources.
- Programmatic Expertise - expertise in your audiences’ referral pathways and how they apply to different business development needs at different times in the sales cycle
- Message Development - Developing skills in applying data and market intelligence to craft audience specific messages to enhance referral opportunities.
- Outreach Communications- Facilitates conversations with providers and effectively prepares providers for conversations for optimal and positive engagement with referral sources.
- Intelligence Communications - Shares intelligence and opportunities in an insightful way that leads and facilitates actionable discussion and actions
- Sales Techniques - regularly engages referring providers with increasingly meaningful engagement with the goals to build new business, establish new relationships and strengthen existing relationships
- Integrates referring physician marketing strategies into sales plans to build business (i.e. facilitates physician roundtables, CME promotion, clinical briefings)
- Use variety of clinical and programmatic education materials including article/research reprints, program/service materials, videos, podcasts, clinical briefs, etc., to increase engagement with providers.
- Utilizes comprehensive sales skills including pre-call planning, call routing, and messaging funnels to create optimized and efficient sales plans.
- Create targeted Sales Plans for Physician Outreach with input from key stakeholders and Outreach Director.
- Uses data on a regular basis to help inform messaging and identify opportunities
- Successfully reach target volume goals for Service Line Sub-specialty Sales Plans
- Maintain designated database with daily entry of Physician Outreach activity, issues, opportunities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with Healthcare providers.
- Experience working in pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- Ability to work independently, is self-motivated and a self-starter, ability to “think on your feet” and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.