Physician Recruiter (Full Time/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Shift: Monday-Friday, Full Time, Days
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physician Recruiter is responsible for working with departments to identify and hire providers. This includes working with departments to understand the details of the open position, organize interviews, and collaborate with appropriate personnel to draft offers/contracts. The Physician Recruiter will also be responsible for ensuring the best candidate experience through the interview, offer, and onboarding processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with the managing physician/practice manager to ensure alignment for opening and candidate pool.
- Source candidates utilizing a variety of medical venues to include: internet, social media, career fairs, list services, residency/fellowship programs or agencies.
- Screen and submit qualified applicants for review.
- Organize interview for selected candidates to ensure that each candidate will receive an excellent first impression of LG Health and the community.
- Negotiation of offer, including total compensation package, Letter of Intent and Employment Agreement and tracking receipt of all documents.
- On-boarding each candidate, including initiation of relocation (when applicable), medical staff credentialing packet, risk management, and payer credentialing.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with Compensation and Benefits Departments to ensure competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Works with Payer Credentialing, Medical/Dental Staff, and Risk Management to ensure efficient and effective inter-departmental communications aimed at expediting the provider hire.
- Provides updates to appropriate parties the status of recruitment activities.
- Organize and proactively track candidates for future openings.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Attends recruitment events/physician meetings as assigned by Manager of Provider Recruitment.
- Prepares and maintains records to document recruitment activity.
- Participates in internal and external committees as assigned.
- Provide recruitment services for Non-Employed physician groups as directed by the Professional Affairs Committee of Lancaster General Hospital.
- Demonstrate Lancaster General Health’s commitment to Service Excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians, and co-workers by exhibiting LG Health’s Every Time Behaviors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of experience in healthcare recruitment
- Must possess excellent interview, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and project workload.
- Prior Provider or Executive recruitment experience preferred
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 07/29/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.