Lancaster General Hospital
3056 Human Resources-Physician Recruiting
Human Resources - Recruitment & Talent Acquisition
POSITION SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is seeking a new Physician Recruiter in order to support growth of the health system and maintain stability. Interested candidates will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position works closely with the Vice President and Medical Director for the Primary Care Network.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with senior team leaders, medical directors, directors of operation, managing physician and practice managers to assure alignment of core values and clinical fit the opening and candidate pool.
- Source candidates utilizing a variety of medical venues to include: physician databases, internet, social media, career fairs, list services, graduate schools or agencies.
- Screen and submit qualified applicants to medical director/managing physician/practice manager for review.
- Manage communication with internal partners and candidates.
- With the assistance from a Talent Acquisition Coordinator, arrange and orchestrate interview and site visits for selected candidates. Assure that each candidate will receive individual attention and an excellent first impression of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health and our community.
- Secure references, gather feedback from managers and develop compensation offer with assistance of HR Compensation and approval of Vice President.
- Negotiation of offer, including total compensation package, Letter of Intent and Employment Agreement and tracking receipt of all documents.
- Monitor On-boarding process through co-ordination with the Medical Staff Office and Payor Credentialing.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Attends recruitment events as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends retention events as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains records to document recruitment activity for partners.
- Participates in internal and external committees as assigned.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with Compensation and Benefits Departments to ensure competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Works with Payer Credentialing, Medical/Dental Staff, and Risk Management to ensure efficient and effective inter-departmental communications.
- Demonstrate Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s commitment to Service Excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians, and co-workers by exhibiting Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s Every Time Behaviors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet urgent situations.
- At the direction of the Director of Talent Acquisition, assists the Physician Recruiters as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, or other related area;
- Three to five years of experience in healthcare recruitment.
- Previous experience working with physicians and senior team members.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 04/28/2020