Physician Hospitalist - Part-time
Lancaster General Hospital
4606 Internal Medicine Hospitalist Specialist
Internal Medicine Hospitalist Specialist Providers
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of Hospital Medicine. Hospitalists primarily work a week on week off schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide exclusive inpatient care.
- Provide efficient, cost-effective professional medical services to unassigned hospitalized patients referred to IMHS in accordance with LGH policy, as well as all patients referred to IMHS from the emergency department and internal/external family practices.
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides clinical and didactic teaching to residents, medical students and staff on Internal Medicine related topics and issues.
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings as designated by the IMHS Medical Director.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Completion of Internal Medicine Residency.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 07/30/2019
- At least three years clinical patient care experience as a specialist in Hospital Medicine.