Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Cardiac Surgery
Lancaster General Hospital
3508 Cardiac Surgery
Cardiac Surgery Advanced Practice Providers
This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians – Cardiothoracic Surgery seeks a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join a well-established practice. Our Cardiothoracic Surgery practice provides comprehensive and progressive surgical care of the heart and vascular system only. LG Health Physicians Cardiothoracic Surgery is a regional leader in new techniques and technologies; including complex mitral valve repair, congestive heart failure surgery, TAVR, MitraClip, surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation, ventricular assist device therapy, and robotic surgery.
This 7th Advanced Practice Provider with Cardiothoracic Surgery would be a non-operating room position. This individual would focus on inpatient and outpatient preoperative and postoperative management in conjunction with the existing 6 member APP team. Our rotating APP service covers the Intensive Care Unit, 5 East Cardiac Stepdown unit, sees all inpatient consultations. Outpatient responsibilities includes all aspects of surgical care including: History and Physicals, postoperative follow-up visits, and wound management.
Hours: Fulltime, 40 hours a week on average. One late shift/week that includes overnight phone calls from the step-down unit. Weekend coverage 1 out of every 4-6th weekend, occasional holiday.
For more information about LG Health Physicians Cardiothoracic Surgery, click here
LG Health Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Fully-integrated Stage 7 (HIMSS) Electronic Medical Record
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- CME Expense coverage
- CME Paid Days Off
- Prescription plan that offers significant discounts
- Optional dental and vision plans
- Free Life Insurance, Short- term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Income Accounts including 403(b)
Lancaster General Health combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals, and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provide opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a drive away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, shopping and dining, and local sports teams makes Lancaster a great place to Live, Work, and Play.
If Nurse Practitioner
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- 2 years previous experience in a Nurse Practitioner role preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
If Physician Assistant
- Current Licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Valid, unrestricted federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number
- Credentialed by, and a member in good standing of, the LGH Medical and Dental Staff with appropriate unrestricted clinical privileges.
- Satisfaction of relevant continuing education requirements.
- Participation as a provider in good standing in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare programs and such other third-party payment programs, including managed care programs, in which LGMG participates.
- Prior experience as Physician Assistant in a primary care office preferred.
For more information, please contact Sharon Graver, APP Recruiter, at (717) 544-4104 or email@example.com or view our website LG Health Jobs for information on our community and our health system.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Posted on 08/15/2019