Physician Assistant - Urgent Care
Penn Medicine LG Health Urgent Care is seeking a full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join their team. Hires will appreciate a great work/life balance and benefit from joining a team-oriented group, focused on providing excellent patient care. Hires will be expected to demonstrate similar values of striving for excellence in care while working well in a team and a willingness to float sites within the region they are being hired for. This APP Float position will support the Lancaster area, including our Kissel Hill, Duke Street, Rohrerstown & Ephrata Urgent Care locations.
After one year of practice, the Provider will be cross-trained and expected to intermittently provide care through a virtual video and telephone platform based on increasing access needs of the health system. These hybrid or solely virtual shifts will have varied cadence and will be disbursed based on volumes and patient care needs.
Hours: 1.0 FTE, Three 12 hour shifts/week. Predictable every 3rd weekend rotation, which facilitates ease of long term planning, plus holiday rotation (2-3 per year).
Physician Assistant (Preferred):
- Must have current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Minimum one-year experience as a Physician Assistant is preferred.
- Must have Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/02/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.