Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - Trauma & Acute Care Surgery
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Trauma & Acute Care Surgery Team is seeking a full-time Advanced Practitioner to join the only accredited Level 1 Trauma Center in Lancaster County. Join a collaborative team of nine surgeons and ten Advanced Practice Providers who ensure 24 hour/7 day coverage to respond to any emergency and who work closely with Penn Medicine Lancaster General’s Neurosurgical Trauma team and Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster. Our Advanced Practitioners have the opportunity to be involved in resident education with our rotating students from PCOM. This practice is not only providing care for patients who experience traumatic injuries but also on call for emergency surgeries, including acute appendicitis, acute cholecystitis, and perforated or ischemic bowel. Our operating room readiness team along with the highly trained trauma bay resuscitation team and critical care team are on stand-by around the clock and are equipped with the most advanced tools for delivering high quality care. The team also provides the critical care for patients admitted to the Trauma Neuro ICU, which includes both trauma and stroke patients, working collaboratively with the neurology stroke service.
Hours: Full-time, Night/Day rotation (13 hour shifts 8am-9pm and 8pm-9am). Weekend rotation (every 2-3 weeks), plus holiday rotation.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program
- Minimum one-year experience as a Physician Assistant is preferred
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license (in Acute Care) and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required
- RNFA required; or willing to obtain if hired into role.
- Minimum one-year experience as a Nurse Practitioner is preferred
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 02/16/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.