Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - The Surgical Group (Inpatient Only)
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians Surgical Group seeks a motivated Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join their dynamic, multispecialty, surgical practice of 15 surgeons and 8 Advanced Practice Providers. Our team provides excellent, patient centered care for general surgery, colorectal surgery, vascular surgery and breast surgery patients. Our skilled and dedicated surgeons perform a wide range of procedures including open, laparoscopic and da Vinci robot assisted cases.
The position will be primarily in the Inpatient setting. The position will focus on general and colorectal surgery but will provide some cross coverage for vascular. The APP will be an integral part of the surgery team and will work closely with our surgeons and our team of APP’s. The role will include first assisting in the OR, inpatient rounding, new patient assessments, inpatient consults, performing minor procedures and occasional time in the clinic.
Hours: Full-time (1.0 FTE) position with hours generally falling between 7:00am – 7:00pm. The APP will rotate weekend coverage from 7am-3:30pm on a 1 in 7 weekend schedule. The APP will also share holiday coverage with the 6 other APP’s. There are no call responsibilities.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program
- Minimum one year experience as a Physician Assistant is preferred but not required
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- RN First Assistant (RNFA) certification
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Minimum one year experience as a Nurse Practitioner is preferred but not required
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 07/27/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.