Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - Lancaster Neuroscience & Spine Associates
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61238 NeuroScience and Spine Assoc.
NeuroScience & Spine Providers
Position would include working at 2 locations (Lancaster & Lebanon Office)
HOURS: Fulltime, Mon-Fri; 8:00am – 5:00pm
POSITION SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians - NeuroScience & Spine Associates (LNSA) is seeking a fulltime Advanced Practice Clinician (APC). The Neurosurgeons, Physiatrists and APCs work with a team of Physical Therapists to develop comprehensive, individualized patient treatment plans. This position will be to support the neurosurgeon in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. The APC is responsible for performing medical diagnosis and prescription of medical therapeutic or corrective measures in the adult neurosurgical setting, in collaboration with and under the direction of the physicians at LNSA. The APC will also Serve as Surgical First Assist to LNSA neurosurgeons.
- Follows-up on test results, response to treatments and medications, and consultant’s recommendations.
- Suggests a diagnosis, formulates a plan of care, evaluates the response to the plan, and revises the plan as needed, collaborating with or referring to a physician.
- Performs clinical procedures including, but not limited to:
- Suturing & removal of sutures/skin staples
- Serving as clinical first assistant in surgery
- Halo management, wound care, cervical collar fitting, etc.
- Morning hospital rounds to assist surgeons with patient discharges
- Provides pre & post-operative education
- Provides comprehensive preventative care and counseling regarding risk factor modification in areas such as diet, exercise, stress reduction, and smoking cessation.
- Evaluates and manages patients with chronic pain conditions.
Posted on 04/20/2020
- Current license as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine or Certified Nurse Practitioner with the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner training program.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a PA or NP preferred
- Operating room experience preferred