Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - LGHP Surgical Group
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61400 The Surgical Group of LGHealth
The Surgical Group of LGHealth
Position is located in Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Fulltime, hours primarily between 7:00am - 5:00pm. Includes Holiday and Weekend Call Rotation 7:00am - 3:30pm (no evening or nighttime call required).
SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians – Surgical Group seeks a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join their dynamic multispecialty surgical practice of 16 surgeons and 5 Physician Assistants. The position would be primarily in the inpatient setting and will involve all aspects of general and vascular surgery, with a focus in wound care. The role would include inpatient rounding, post-op patient visits, routine chronic patient follow-up, new patient assessments, performing minor procedures, and first assisting in the OR.
For more information about LG Health Physicians Surgical Group, click here
Lancaster General Health, a member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), is a 631-licensed bed not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing Lancaster General Hospital, Women & Babies Hospital and the Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred Healthcare). Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system.
Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown and Suburban Pavilions, along with additional outpatient centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than 40 offices throughout the region. Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree and certification programs in healthcare.
Fourth consecutive designation as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, Lancaster General Hospital has been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety; and ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s best hospitals in 2018-2019. The hospital was ranked seventh among Pennsylvania hospitals and named a Best Regional Hospital.
LG Health Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Fully-integrated Stage 7 (HIMSS) Electronic Medical Record
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- CME Expense coverage
- CME Paid Days Off
- Prescription plan that offers significant discounts
- Optional dental and vision plans
- Free Life Insurance, Short- term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Income Accounts including 403(b)
Lancaster General Health combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals, and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provide opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a drive away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, shopping and dining, and local sports teams makes Lancaster a great place to Live, Work, and Play.
- Current Licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Valid, unrestricted federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number
- Credentialed by, and a member in good standing of, the LGH Medical and Dental Staff with appropriate unrestricted clinical privileges.
- Satisfaction of relevant continuing education requirements.
- Participation as a provider in good standing in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare programs and such other third-party payment programs, including managed care programs, in which LGMG participates.
- Prior surgical experience preferred.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- 2 years previous experience in a Nurse Practitioner role
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
For more information, please contact Sharon Graver, APP Recruiter, at (717) 544-4104 or Sharon.Graver@pennmedicine.upenn.edu or view our website LG Health Jobs for information on our community and our health system.
Posted on 11/18/2019