Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - Hospitalist
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians – Hospitalist Group is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to expand upon an already well established hospitalist program composed of over 40 advanced practice providers and 50 physicians where you will work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues. This position will include 10-hour day shifts with a 7on-7off model with occasional evening swing shifts functioning as a primary rounder, admitter/consultant, discharging with some cross-coverage duties. Procedures are not required. As part of our hospitalist team you have the opportunity to practice within a well-supported environment to coordinate and provide medical care for hospitalized patients with the care team. The hospitalists program has service lines that extend to include inpatient, observation, rehab and a dedicated nocturnist team.
Hours: Full-time, 7 days on/7 days off. Day & Evening shifts
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- Effective August 1st, 2023, the certification of the nurse practitioner must align with the population the nurse practitioner will primarily be caring for unless otherwise determined by the Chief Nursing Officer and in accordance with hospital practice needs.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program
- Minimum one-year experience as a Physician Assistant is preferred
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/30/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.