Physical Therapist : Float(FT/Days)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 FTE float physical therapist position that will cover clinics located throughout Lancaster county. Work hours will vary between 7a-7p Mon-Thurs and 7-5p Fri. 2 evenings till 7p required; no holidays or weekend. Inpatient and Neuro experience valued.
Job Title: Physial Therapist: Float (FT/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks floating to Cover Clinics throughout Lancaster County. Hours Monday-Thursday between 7:00am and 7:00pm and Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm with two evenings a week until 7:00 pm no weekends or holidays.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the Physical Therapist position is to practice the art of physical therapy in accordance with the physician's instructions and Code of Ethics of the profession.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Evaluates the patient's history and extracts precautions, contraindications, diagnoses, goals, potential and any pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Evaluates the patient with objective measurements.
- Interprets evaluation findings and discusses them with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team.
- Develops treatment goals and plans which may include intervention/adaptation strategies within the realm of the physician's prescription and makes recommendations to the physician concerning the patient's treatment.
- Supervises physical therapists' assistants or aides in the performance of treatment procedure.
- Coordinates treatment plan with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
- Implements treatment plans and supervises the patient's use of equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors and re-evaluates the patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment in agreement with the physician.
- Maintains documentation in the patient's records of evaluation, treatment, assessment, and plan.
- Complies with the established standards, policies, procedures; including billing, reimbursement, scheduling and emergency procedures according to departmental guidelines.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain or enhance the performance of the patients in their environment. Participates with the multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of discharge planning including determination of appropriate home or community programming, home equipment, and patient/family education. Terminates services per physician’s orders, or when goals have been achieved.
- Maintains and monitors own work schedule and that of team.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the services delivered for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined quality assurance criteria.
- Participates in Physical Therapy student programs under the supervision of the Center Coordinator of Clinical Education.
- .Attends and documents participation in staff meetings and mandatory or voluntary in service programs. Participates on sectional and departmental Participates on sectional and departmental shared governance committees. Develops and provides in service education to paraprofessionals and the community.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree, as well as PA licensure, issued by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Master of Science degree is preferred.
- CPR certification.
This position requires a Professional License
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/04/2021