Physical Therapist Casual
Lancaster General Hospital
PMR - Physical Therapy
This position is in Lancaster, PA.
- Casual, 0.1 8 hours hours per two weeks working as needed 8:00 am-4:30 pm with rotational holidays and holiday weekends.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Casual Physical Therapist for acute care located at Lancaster General Hospital. Applicants must be willing to work other sites per business need. The Physical Therapist practices the art of physical therapy in accordance with the physician's instructions and Code of Ethics of the profession. Hours would be Full-time 1.0, 80 hrs per two weeks hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am -4:30 pm with rotational weekend and holidays.
- Evaluates the patient's history and extracts precautions, contraindications, diagnoses, goals, potential and any pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Evaluates the patient with objective measurements.
- Interprets evaluation findings and discusses them with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team.
- Develops treatment goals and plans which may include intervention/adaptation strategies within the realm of the physician's prescription and makes recommendations to the physician concerning the patient's treatment.
- Supervises physical therapists' assistants or aides in the performance of treatment procedure.
- Coordinates treatment plan with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
- Implements treatment plans and supervises the patient's use of equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors and re-evaluates the patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment in agreement with the physician.
- Maintains documentation in the patient's records of evaluation, treatment, assessment, and plan.
- Bachelor of Science degree, as well as PA licensure, issued by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Master of Science degree is preferred.
- CPR certification.
PREFERRED JOB?RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- One (1) year of general physical therapy experience.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Posted on 11/13/2019