Physical Therapist Assistant (Full Time/Day Shift)
Monday through Friday 8 to 4:30 with required work two evenings until 7pm. No weekends for holidays.
Assists the Physical Therapist in patient-related activity by performing Physical Therapy procedures and selected tests and measurements which are delegated by the Physical Therapist and which are commensurate with a Physical Therapist Assistant's education preparation and experience. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
LOCATION: Suburban Outpatient Pavilion
HOURS: Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm two required evenings until 7:00pm. No weekends or Holidays
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Implements treatment procedures in accordance with goals and plan programs established by and under the supervision of the evaluating Physical Therapist. Maintains an understanding of the patient's history, precautions, contraindications, diagnosis, goals, potential, and pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Communicates with patient, family members and other team members to explain the rationale of the treatment plan.
- Supervises the patient's use of all equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors through subjective and objective measurements the patient's response to intervention, and reports to the supervising Physical Therapist if alteration in treatment program is indicated.
- Maintains the proper documentation in patient's records of treatment. Follows billing and reimbursement procedures according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists with maintenance and monitoring of work schedule.
- Assists with general housekeeping to provide a clean, comfortable, orderly, and safe environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Associate degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant is required, issued by an American Physical Therapy Association-approved program. Also, the individual must be a Registered Physical Therapy Assistant, issued by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- CPR certification required.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/15/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.