Physical Therapist Assistant
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Assists the Physical Therapist in patient-related activity by performing Physical Therapy procedures and selected tests and measurements which are delegated by the Physical Therapist and which are commensurate with a Physical Therapist Assistant's education preparation and experience. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Implements treatment procedures in accordance with goals and plan programs established by and under the supervision of the evaluating Physical Therapist. Maintains an understanding of the patient's history, precautions, contraindications, diagnosis, goals, potential, and pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Communicates with patient, family members and other team members to explain the rationale of the treatment plan.
- Supervises the patient's use of all equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors through subjective and objective measurements the patient's response to intervention, and reports to the supervising Physical Therapist if alteration in treatment program is indicated.
- Maintains the proper documentation in patient's records of treatment. Follows billing and reimbursement procedures according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists with maintenance and monitoring of work schedule.
- Assists with general housekeeping to provide a clean, comfortable, orderly, and safe environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Associate degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant is required, issued by an American Physical Therapy Association-approved program. Also, the individual must be a Registered Physical Therapy Assistant, issued by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- CPR certification required.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
• The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
• The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING ‑ The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
• The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job‑worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Creativity, feelings or ideas: Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint; to use creativity, self‑expression, or imagination.
Influencing others: Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things; to motivate, convince or negotiate.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job; to be subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Planning and control: Ability to identify task requirements and monitor progress toward accomplishment.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: whirlpool, cast cutter, heat gun, CPM; telephone, intercom, dictation equipment, copier, CRT, ultrasound, electrical stimulator, TENS, mechanical traction, shortwave diathermy, biofeedback, computerized exercise equipment, fluidotherapy, bicycle, hydrocollator, phoresor, treadmill, Jobst pump, goniometer, BP cuff, stethoscope, saw, scissors, scalpel/hemostat, reflex hammer, syringe
Software: related to computerized exercise equipment, Hospital Information System
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Ocassionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Extreme Noise Levels
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/05/2021