Lancaster General Hospital
7652 WBH-Physical Rehabilitation Center
WBH-Physical Rehabilitation Center
Posted on 08/14/2019
Job Title: Physical Therapist -Women 's Health
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working Monday-Friday hours between 7:00am-7:00pm withone to two evenings per week til close may be required. No weekends or holidays. Women's Health and or oncology experience3 and outpatient therapy experience preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the Physical Therapist position is to practice the art of physical therapy in accordance with the physician's instructions and Code of Ethics of the profession.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Evaluates the patient's history and extracts precautions, contraindications, diagnoses, goals, potential and any pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Evaluates the patient with objective measurements.
- Interprets evaluation findings and discusses them with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team.
- Develops treatment goals and plans which may include intervention/adaptation strategies within the realm of the physician's prescription and makes recommendations to the physician concerning the patient's treatment.
- Supervises physical therapists' assistants or aides in the performance of treatment procedure.
- Coordinates treatment plan with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
- Implements treatment plans and supervises the patient's use of equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors and re-evaluates the patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment in agreement with the physician.
- Maintains documentation in the patient's records of evaluation, treatment, assessment, and plan.
- Complies with the established standards, policies, procedures; including billing, reimbursement, scheduling and emergency procedures according to departmental guidelines.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain or enhance the performance of the patients in their environment. Participates with the multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of discharge planning including determination of appropriate home or community programming, home equipment, and patient/family education. Terminates services per physician’s orders, or when goals have been achieved.
- Maintains and monitors own work schedule and that of team.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the services delivered for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined quality assurance criteria.
- Participates in Physical Therapy student programs under the supervision of the Center Coordinator of Clinical Education.
- .Attends and documents participation in staff meetings and mandatory or voluntary in service programs. Participates on sectional and departmental Participates on sectional and departmental shared governance committees. Develops and provides in service education to paraprofessionals and the community.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree, as well as PA licensure, issued by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Master of Science degree is preferred.
- CPR certification.
• One (1) year of general physical therapy experience.
This position requires a License
This position Requires Child Abuse Clearances