At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
Home Health Team 3
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the Physical Therapist position is to practice the art of physical therapy in accordance with the physician's instructions and Code of Ethics of the profession. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (newborn through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Evaluates the patient's history and extracts precautions, contraindications, diagnoses, goals, potential and any pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Evaluates the patient with objective measurements.
- Interprets evaluation findings and discusses them with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team.
- Develops treatment goals and plans which may include intervention/adaptation strategies within the realm of the physician's prescription and makes recommendations to the physician concerning the patient's treatment.
- Supervises physical therapists' assistants or aides in the performance of treatment procedure.
- Coordinates treatment plan with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
- Implements treatment plans and supervises the patient's use of equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors and re-evaluates the patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment in agreement with the physician.
- Maintains documentation in the patient's records of evaluation, treatment, assessment, and plan.
- Complies with the established standards, policies, procedures; including billing, reimbursement, scheduling and emergency procedures according to departmental guidelines.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain or enhance the performance of the patients in their environment. Participates with the multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of discharge planning including determination of appropriate home or community programming, home equipment, and patient/family education. Terminates services per physician’s orders, or when goals have been achieved.
- Maintains and monitors own work schedule and that of team.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the services delivered for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined quality assurance criteria.
- Participates in Physical Therapy student programs under the supervision of the Center Coordinator of Clinical Education.
- .Attends and documents participation in staff meetings and mandatory or voluntary in service programs. Participates on sectional and departmental Participates on sectional and departmental shared governance committees. Develops and provides in service education to paraprofessionals and the community.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs basic housekeeping, supply, and maintenance functions.
- Assists in directing and transporting patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree, as well as PA licensure, issued by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Master of Science degree is preferred.
- CPR certification.
• One (1) year of general physical therapy experience.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION ‑ the following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- Your job requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously.
- It is likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of you.
- Multiple tasking may involve switching from one job to another or switching from one task to another within a given job.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY ‑ the following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of your job requires reliance on verbal memory and new learning.
- Efficiency in processing of complex information form is a major requirement of the job.
- You must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously.
- You must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING ‑ the following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- Your job requires much autonomy of thought and problem solving.
- You must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems.
- You must be able to think abstractly; to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and recognize subtle/intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis.
- You must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- You must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job‑worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
- Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions. (Typical roles include team leader, supervisor, or other management positions.)
- Interpersonal relations/Customer focus: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others. You must show sensitivity to patient anxiety and be understanding of customer and team member concerns.
- Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
- Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information. You should be able to relate to people from a broad range of demographic backgrounds and of varying levels of professionalism.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
- Planning and control: Ability to identify task requirements of one's own job and monitor self-progress toward accomplishment. Ability to coordinate schedules to maximize productivity. You should take initiative in identifying what needs to be done and do it.
- Influencing others: Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things; to motivate, convince or negotiate. An ability to think positively and keep in mind the "big "picture."
- Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job; to be subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
- Creativity, feelings or ideas: Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint; to use creativity, self-expression, or imagination.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: grinder, whirlpool, cast cutter, heat gun, telephone, intercom, dictation equipment, copier, ultrasound, electrical stimulator, TENS, mechanical traction, shortwave diathermy, biofeedback, computerized exercise equipment, fluidotherapy, bicycle, hydrocollator, phoresor, treadmill, compression pump, paraffin, work simulator, kitchen appliances, ergometer, pen/pencil, goniometer, BP cuff, stethoscope, saw, scissors, scalpel/hemostat, reflex hammer, syringe, dynamometer, visual screening, sensation test tools, olfactory evaluation
Software: All PMR related software
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Frequently
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: : Occasionally
- Balance: : Occasionally
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/07/2022