Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services - (Part time/benefit eligible)
Lancaster General Hospital
5093 LAB-Offsite Services
Lab Offsite & Mobile Rad Management
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for a Phlebotomy Technician to support Extended Care Facilities in Lancaster County, Pa.
- This is a part time, benefit eligible position, totaling 24 hours per week.
- Varied hours between 3AM-10AM with rotations Saturday/holiday shifts.
- Occasional on call required
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for facilitating the direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF’s) and other non-LGH facilities. Completes all functions related to registration, billing and validation of insurance information. Performs phlebotomy and EKG/Holters upon request during daily rounds at client locations and responds to on-call needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Using established standards and processes, facilitates the direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF’s) or other non-LGH facilities; coordinates a collaborative patient service work environment by fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary cooperativeness between nursing, physicians, and ancillary support.
- Performs phlebotomy during daily rounds at client locations and responds to on-call needs.
- Anticipates customer needs by providing appropriate education/instruction based on customer encounter.
- Participates in performance improvement activities related to patient care, customer satisfaction and registration requirements.
- Contributes to clinical environment by identifying immediate issues and concerns that must be addressed by the clinical team to meet patient care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families and friends. Functions as a patient advocate by establishing personal rapport with patient, family, and other persons to determine care requirements.
- Resolve service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve problems; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing responsibilities related to job duties.
- Open customer account by recording account information with a minimum of 95% accuracy.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information with current benefits/authorization.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments when applicable. Documents service by completing forms, reports, logs, and records. Collect patient payments per departmental guidelines.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data station program techniques and procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Identifies personal learning needs and seeks out available resources and opportunities.
- Exhibits knowledge of hospital/entity communication systems and provides assistance to others.
- Maintains staff credentialing requirements by keeping abreast of advances in area of specialty by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver’s license as regional travel is required.
- Cellular telephone.
- Reliable motor vehicle (due to regional travel required).
- Two (2) years using professional skills of interpersonal relationships.
- Two (2) years of computer experience.
- Three (3) years in a customer service role using strong professional communication skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Licensure as a Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP).
- Two (2) years of medical terminology experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with business telephone communications.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 08/27/2019