Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services - SIGN ON BONUS (32 hrs/week, 3am-10am)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
5093 LAB-Offsite Services
Laboratory- Offsite Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SIGN ON BONUS!
This position is 32 hrs/week, 3am-10am. On Call and weekend rotation. No holidays unless scheduled On Call that day.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for facilitating the direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF’s) and other non-LGH facilities. Completes all functions related to registration, billing and validation of insurance information. Performs phlebotomy and EKG/Holters upon request during daily rounds at client locations and responds to on-call needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Using established standards and processes, facilitates the direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF’s) or other non-LGH facilities; coordinates a collaborative patient service work environment by fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary cooperativeness between nursing, physicians, and ancillary support.
- Performs phlebotomy during daily rounds at client locations and responds to on-call needs.
- Anticipates customer needs by providing appropriate education/instruction based on customer encounter.
- Participates in performance improvement activities related to patient care, customer satisfaction and registration requirements.
- Contributes to clinical environment by identifying immediate issues and concerns that must be addressed by the clinical team to meet patient care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families and friends. Functions as a patient advocate by establishing personal rapport with patient, family, and other persons to determine care requirements.
- Resolve service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve problems; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing responsibilities related to job duties.
- Open customer account by recording account information with a minimum of 95% accuracy.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information with current benefits/authorization.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments when applicable. Documents service by completing forms, reports, logs, and records. Collect patient payments per departmental guidelines.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data station program techniques and procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Identifies personal learning needs and seeks out available resources and opportunities.
- Exhibits knowledge of hospital/entity communication systems and provides assistance to others.
- Maintains staff credentialing requirements by keeping abreast of advances in area of specialty by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver’s license as regional travel is required.
- Cellular telephone.
- Reliable motor vehicle (due to regional travel required).
- Two (2) years using professional skills of interpersonal relationships.
- Two (2) years of computer experience.
- Three (3) years in a customer service role using strong professional communication skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Licensure as a Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP).
- Two (2) years of medical terminology experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with business telephone communications.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 04/07/2021