Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services (Part-time/Early Morning Shift))
POSITION SUMMARY: Phlebotomist are vital in the production of clinical laboratory results. It is their responsibility to obtain quality blood specimens which play a crucial role in the majority of clinical decisions. In addition to a knowledge of anatomy, blood collection techniques and proper infection control procedures, phlebotomists must have strong communication and interpersonal skills reflecting the utmost professionalism. Providing morning rounding and stat blood draws at local nursing homes with coverage at the Behavioral Health Hospital in Lancaster County , PA. Remote Lab is based at LGH, but employee will travel to various Nursing Homes throughout Lancaster County. Employee will use their own vehicle to travel to various Nursing Homes to provide Lab/EKG/Holter Monitor services throughout Lancaster County for which they will receive some Mileage Reimbursement.
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Part-time, 12 hours per two weeks working varied hours between 3:00 am - 10:00 am Monday through Friday. Rotating weekend requirements. Rotational on-call and holiday requirements. Ability to pick up additional hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In a hospital inpatient setting, performs venipuncture and capillary puncture blood collection according to laboratory policies, procedures, and regulatory standards. This includes Intensive Care Units, Medical Nursing Units, Emergency Department, and Trauma Bay.
- Optimizes patient care by providing timely and accurate collection of blood specimens on both pediatric and adult patients.
- Maintains patient safety by accurately identifying patients and associating the collected sample with the patient.
- Follows all proper organizational Infection Control procedures and isolation protocols, including but not limited to Airborne, Droplet, and Contact Isolation
- Uses technology such as computer applications to organize and facilitate efficient patient care.
- Works continually within multidisciplinary teams. This includes but is not limited to response to code situations (patient requiring resuscitative efforts) such as Trauma, Stroke, Hemodynamic Stability, and Cardiac events.
- Performs blood collection in environments of extreme stress and difficult emotional situations with proficiency.
- Navigate and mitigate work within a hazardous environment utilizing critical thinking and situational awareness.
- Carries out lab testing at the bedside with point of care testing devices including performance, evaluation, and trouble shooting of quality control on bedside analyzers.
- Provide compassionate care in a professional manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Additional clinical procedures including but not limited to: EKG, holter monitors, 24 hr Blood pressure or vital signs.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid PA Driver's license
- Previous phlebotomy or registration experience. Training will be provided upon hire.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience.
- Experience in a health care setting.
- Customer care experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1 #CB
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/09/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.