Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services (Full Time/Night & Day Shifts))
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for facilitating the direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF’s) and other non-LGH facilities. Completes all functions related to registration, billing and validation of insurance information. Performs phlebotomy and EKG/Holters upon request during daily rounds at client locations and responds to on-call needs.
LOCATION: Lancaster General Hospital. Position will require travel into various Nursing Homes throughout Lancaster County as well as patients' personal homes. Some mileage reimbursed.
HOURS: Full Time (32 hours a week), Hours vary 4 am- 12 pm based on department needs with Saturday rotation and Holiday On Call
800 SIGN ON BONUS (External applicants only)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Using established standards and processes, facilitates the direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF’s) or other non-LGH facilities; coordinates a collaborative patient service work environment by fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary cooperativeness between nursing, physicians, and ancillary support.
- Performs phlebotomy during daily rounds at client locations and responds to on-call needs.
- Anticipates customer needs by providing appropriate education/instruction based on customer encounter.
- Participates in performance improvement activities related to patient care, customer satisfaction and registration requirements.
- Contributes to clinical environment by identifying immediate issues and concerns that must be addressed by the clinical team to meet patient care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families and friends. Functions as a patient advocate by establishing personal rapport with patient, family, and other persons to determine care requirements.
- Resolve service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve problems; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing responsibilities related to job duties.
- Open customer account by recording account information with a minimum of 95% accuracy.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information with current benefits/authorization.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments when applicable. Documents service by completing forms, reports, logs, and records. Collect patient payments per departmental guidelines.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data station program techniques and procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Identifies personal learning needs and seeks out available resources and opportunities.
- Exhibits knowledge of hospital/entity communication systems and provides assistance to others.
- Maintains staff credentialing requirements by keeping abreast of advances in area of specialty by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver’s license as regional travel is required.
- Cellular telephone.
- Reliable motor vehicle (due to regional travel required).
- Two (2) years using professional skills of interpersonal relationships.
- Two (2) years of computer experience.
- Three (3) years in a customer service role using strong professional communication skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Licensure as a Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP).
- Two (2) years of medical terminology experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with business telephone communications.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/18/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.