Phlebotomy Technician - Norlanco Family Medicine (Part-time, 24 hrs/week)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1 evening shift per week until 8pm
1 weekend (Saturday 730-12) a month
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
This position is located at Norlanco Family Medicine in Elizabethtown, PA. Part-time, 24 hrs/week. One evening shift per week until 8pm. One Saturday from 7am-12noon per month.
Performs a wide variety of support functions for the Laboratory and Laboratory Service Areas. This position requires skills in some or all of the following functional areas: phlebotomy, point-of-care testing, specimen collection and preparation tasks. Maintains required competency skills in the required areas of expertise required for the specific work area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs venipuncture and capillary specimen collection in an ambulatory and hospital setting.
- Validates patient identity, specimen integrity and maintains working knowledge of specimen requirements and special protocols.
- Documents all stages of specimen collection in required computer systems including investigating orders, “receiving” specimens, canceling tests, running collection lists and producing and using reconciliation reports.
- Provide mentorship and oversight for new employees and clinical interns.
- Organizes assigned workload and performs appropriate tasks meeting established productivity standards in phlebotomy and point of care testing.
- Demonstrates the Lancaster General Hospital Standards of Performance in dealing with patients, visitors, and coworkers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains a working knowledge of equipment necessary to perform tasks. This includes performing QC, maintenance and basic troubleshooting on printers, PC’s, pagers/telephones and Point of Care instruments.
- Within a patient care setting, develops work schedules and job assignments to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Inventories, stocks and orders supplies.
- Collects patient demographic and insurance information for specimen processing when needed.
- Use of computer systems for other tasks such as but not limited to patient registration or scheduling.
- Additional clinical procedures including but not limited to EKG, holter monitors, 24 hr. Blood pressure, vital signs, or pain management.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, if performing off-site phlebotomy, is required.
- Six (6) months employment in a healthcare setting.
- Typing ability of at least 50 wpm.
- Experience in performing phlebotomy and/or point of care testing.
- Licensure as a Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP).
- CPR certification.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/27/2021