Phlebotomy Technician-Lancaster General Hospital (32hrs/week, 2nd shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for a full time Phlebotomy Technician to support Lancaster General Hospital.
- The Phlebotomy tech performs a wide variety of support functions for the Laboratory and Laboratory Service Areas.
- This position requires skills in some or all of the following functional areas: phlebotomy, point-of-care testing, specimen collection and preparation tasks.
- Maintains required competency skills in the required areas of expertise required for the specific work area.
This position is full time, totaling 32 hours per week, working between the hours 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM, with every other weekend/holiday, and on-call rotation.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa. (Lancaster General Hospital)
Performs venipuncture and capillary specimen collection in an ambulatory and hospital setting.
Validates patient identity, specimen integrity and maintains working knowledge of specimen requirements and special protocols.
Documents all stages of specimen collection in required computer systems including investigating orders, “receiving” specimens, canceling tests, running collection lists and producing and using reconciliation reports.
Provide mentorship and oversight for new employees and clinical interns.
Organizes assigned workload and performs appropriate tasks meeting established productivity standards in phlebotomy and point of care testing.
- A High School diploma or equivalent(GED) is required
- Licensure as a Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP) is preferred.
- CPR certification is preferred.
- Prior phlebotomy experience or completion of a phlebotomy course preferred
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 12/16/2019