Phlebotomy & Customer Service Specialist -Northern Region Float (24 hours/week, 1st & 2nd shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
8702 N Cornwall HC-Laboratory Testing
Admin Support Lebanon Lab/FM Quentin
24 hours per week. Hours vary between 6 am and 8 pm.
This position will float throughout our northern region. 8 hours dedicated to the Lebanon lab with a Saturday rotation at Lebanon. Will also travel to Kissel HIll, Ephrata, an Manheim locations.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking full-time Phlebotomy & Customer Service Specialist at our Lebanon Outpatient Center and Quentin Family Medicine . Provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients. This position requires clinical skills in the following functional areas: phlebotomy, EKG, holter monitors, point-of-care testing and specimen collection. Maintains required competency skills.
- Performs venipuncture and capillary specimen collection in an ambulatory setting.
- Validates patient identity, specimen integrity and maintains working knowledge of specimen requirements and all clinical protocols.
- Documents all stages of specimen collection in required computer systems including investigating and processing orders, “receiving” specimens, canceling tests, running collection lists and producing and using reconciliation reports.
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration including but not limited to walk in, check-in, and/or scheduled appointments.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high volumes and/or high patient acuity. Demonstrates skill to service both inpatient and outpatient, if necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- CPR certification within 6 months of hire. (Current employees have until 6/1/2016 to obtain CPR certification).
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- Previous phlebotomy or registration experience preferred.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience preferred.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 07/12/2019