Pharmacy technician Outpatient
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 fte, Monday thru Friday for 8 hours until fully trained, once trained will work 4 ten hr shifts with every 3-4 Saturday from 9-3, no sundays and all major holidays closed, will be asked to float to all locations
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician Outpatient
This position is locted in Lancaster, PA
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, the pharmacy technician performs various functions associated with the dispensing, charging and delivery of medication to patient care areas, in compliance with department policies and procedures that provide optimal pharmaceutical care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares medications for dispensing under the supervision of the pharmacist, demonstrating accuracy, precision, and consistency relating to selection, packaging, and labeling functions.
- Prepares and prepackages bulk medications; compounds oral solutions, ointments and creams under supervision of the pharmacist.
- Assists patients who are dropping off and/or picking up prescription orders. At point of sale, verifies that customer receives the correct prescription(s).
- Sorts, credits and re-stocks medications as appropriate when they are not dispensed to patients.
- Prepares the pharmacy inventory; completes orders for drugs and supplies from the storeroom and/or distributor, receive drugs and stock shelves and verify all associated paperwork.
- Assists in the creation, handling, processing and maintenance of a variety of pharmacy records, to promote efficient operation of the pharmacy and regulatory compliance.
- Answers telephone using appropriate etiquette, screens and triages telephone/counter inquiries.
- Assures work for each shift is completed prior to departure.
- Maintains dispensing area in a neat, orderly, and clean condition as observed by the pharmacist.
- Retrieve and interpret prescriptions; perform pharmaceutical calculations, taking into account patient and drug characteristics; enter prescriptions, patient health information and insurance information into the clinical pharmacy information system for pharmacist review.
- Communicates with insurance carriers to obtain payment for prescription claims. Facilitates employee payroll deduction and/or medical billing for payment capture when appropriate.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and compliance with procedures for handling controlled substances and specialty pharmaceuticals.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or successful completion of general educational development (GED) exam required.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e., not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
This position requires a professional certification
THis position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/07/2021