Job Title: Pharmacy Technician I
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time,1.0, 80hours /2 weeks working eight hour shifts with rotating start time of 6:00am,8:30 am or 12:00 noon, will work every 7th weekend and rotational on call evenings til 10:00pm and rotational Fridays through Monday Morning (one week every 6 weeks) as well as rotational holidays. IV experience or certification preferred.
PURPOSE: Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, efficiently and effectively performs functions associated with the procuring, compounding and storage of medications in compliance with department policies and procedures that provide optimal pharmaceutical care.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 90%. Qualified individuals must have the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform the following duties:
Prepares medications for dispensing under the supervision of the pharmacist, demonstrating accuracy, precision, and consistency relating to selection, documenting, and labeling functions.
Prepares enhanced sterile product medications and performs needed calculations for preparing final product – consistently meets timelines of preparation within established schedules, policies, and guidelines.
Assists in the creation, handling, and maintenance of a variety of pharmacy records, to promote efficient operation of the pharmacy and regulatory compliance.
Consistently displays teamwork by actively supporting department changes and willingly and proactively assists co-workers. Assures work for each shift is completed prior to departure.
Maintains integrity of IVadmixture compounding area. Properly cleans and disinfects laminar flow cabinets, countertops, and equipment as required.
Maintains dispensing area and medication storeroom in a neat, orderly, and clean condition as observed by the pharmacist.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- High school diploma or successful completion of general educational development (GED) exam required.
- National pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) preferred.
- Completion of ASHP accredited (or comparable) pharmacy technician training program preferred.
- Previous sterile admixture pharmacy practice experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.