Pharmacy Technician (Full Time/Evening Shift)
Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, the pharmacy technician performs various functions associated with the dispensing, charging and delivery of medication to patient care areas, in compliance with department policies and procedures that provide optimal pharmaceutical care.
LOCATION: Lancaster General Hospital
HOURS: Full Time 40 hours/week, evening shift
SIGN-ON BONUS! $1,000 with two year commitment to organization
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and compliance with procedures for handling controlled substances and specialty
- pharmaceuticals including investigational agents.
- Demonstrates skills in the maintenance and operation of various automation systems including packaging, dispensing cabinets, and compounding equipment.
- Prepares medications for dispensing under the supervision of the pharmacist, demonstrating accuracy, precision, and consistency relating to selection, packaging, and labeling functions
- Transports medications, drug-delivery devices, ad other pharmacy equipment as required, to all patient care areas of the hospital, which includes delivery to automated dispensing technology.
- Prepare inventories (affix barcode/warning labels as necessary), order drugs and supplies from the storeroom; receive drugs and stock shelves/carousels in various pharmacy locations with new and returned inventory.
- Answers telephone using appropriate etiquette, screens and triages telephone/window inquiries.
- Assures work for each shift is completed prior to departure.
- Efficiently utilizes various pharmacy automation systems including robotic packaging, automated storage and retrieval systems,
- decentralized unit-based cabinets, and compounding equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately compound sterile products using proper aseptic technique
- Maintains dispensing area and medication storeroom in a neat, orderly, and clean condition as observed by the pharmacist
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Demonstrates proficiency in resolution of missing dose problems including investigation, replacement of doses and corrective action to prevent future missing doses
- Serve as a training resource for new technicians and assist in evaluating their progress as directed
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory and control of drugs and supplies purchased by the pharmacy
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or successful completion of general educational development (GED) exam required.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e., not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Completion of ASHP accredited (or comparable) pharmacy technician training program preferred.
- Hospital Pharmacy Practice
- National pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) required within nine (9) months of hire.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/28/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.