Pharmacy Technician-$1,000 sign on
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
8 hour shifts, 40 hours a week, 2:30pm to 11pm, every other weekend and every other holiday
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician -Evenings
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$1,000 sign on with 2 year committment
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working 2:30pm to 11:00pm with every other weekend and holiday. Located at Lancaster General Hospital.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, the pharmacy technician performs various functions associated with the dispensing, charging and delivery of medication to patient care areas, in compliance with department policies and procedures that provide optimal pharmaceutical care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and compliance with procedures for handling controlled substances and specialty
- pharmaceuticals including investigational agents.
- Demonstrates skills in the maintenance and operation of various automation systems including packaging, dispensing cabinets, and compounding equipment.
- Prepares medications for dispensing under the supervision of the pharmacist, demonstrating accuracy, precision, and consistency relating to selection, packaging, and labeling functions
- Transports medications, drug-delivery devices, ad other pharmacy equipment as required, to all patient care areas of the hospital, which includes delivery to automated dispensing technology.
- Prepare inventories (affix barcode/warning labels as necessary), order drugs and supplies from the storeroom; receive drugs and stock shelves/carousels in various pharmacy locations with new and returned inventory.
- Answers telephone using appropriate etiquette, screens and triages telephone/window inquiries.
- Assures work for each shift is completed prior to departure.
- Efficiently utilizes various pharmacy automation systems including robotic packaging, automated storage and retrieval systems,
- decentralized unit-based cabinets, and compounding equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately compound sterile products using proper aseptic technique
- Maintains dispensing area and medication storeroom in a neat, orderly, and clean condition as observed by the pharmacist
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Demonstrates proficiency in resolution of missing dose problems including investigation, replacement of doses and corrective action to prevent future missing doses
- Serve as a training resource for new technicians and assist in evaluating their progress as directed
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory and control of drugs and supplies purchased by the pharmacy
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or successful completion of general educational development (GED) exam required.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e., not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Completion of ASHP accredited (or comparable) pharmacy technician training program preferred.
- Hospital Pharmacy Practice
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPHT)
This position requires a License or Certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/22/2021