At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7571 Pharmacy Residency Program
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Job Title: Pharmacy Resident
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
This is a temporary one year position. Full-time, 80 hours per two weeks Monday through Friday varied hours with every third weekend and one evening every three weeks and one
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking three Pharmacy Residents. The post-graduate year 1 (PGY-1) pharmacy residency is a one year period of transition from a student to independent practitioner. The residency experience is designed to accelerate approximately 3 years of experience into one residency year. In addition to the other functions listed below, the resident is expected to achieve at least 80% of the goals of the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program and achieve satisfactory progress on any remaining goals. The objectives are related to the required six outcomes associated with the PGY1 residency standard. Upon completion of Lancaster General Health’s PGY-1 residency program, the resident will be a confident, multi-faceted, acute care pharmacist prepared for independent practice, advanced training, leadership and teaching opportunities.
Hours would be Full-time, Monday through Friday varied hours with every third weekend and one evening every three weeks and one holiday.
: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Interpret and evaluate all medication regimens and assures safe and effective medication use prospectively during rotation-based patient care activities and retrospectively with order clarification during the order entry process.
- Utilize medical informatics to make decisions and reduce error. Respond to drug information requests as required.
- Advise healthcare providers regarding the contents, therapeutic actions, utilization and possible adverse reactions or interactions of medication.
- Design and recommend safe and effective evidence-based therapeutic regimens and associated monitoring plans to all applicable healthcare providers. Ensure avoidance of events which may cause patient harm.
- Serve as a role model of customer service by responding constructively to the needs of hospital staff. Responding constructively is defined as using a respectful communication style that is consistent with professional collaboration.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pharmacist degree (e.g. Doctor of Pharmacy, B.S.) from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- Must obtain state license as a registered pharmacist, issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy, within four months of starting the residency program.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
This position requires a Professional License
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/05/2021