3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Horizon Healthcare Services Pharmacists
Job Title: Pharmacy Intern
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Casual, 0.1 To start Summer 2021working 40 hours per week Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm during summer, holiday, and school breaks with modification of hours per business need. Located at Horizon Healthcare Services.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Pharmacy Intern. The Pharmacy Intern Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, efficiently and effectively performs functions associated with the procuring, compounding and storage of medications in compliance with department policies and procedures that provide optimal pharmaceutical care.
- Prepares medications for dispensing under the supervision of the pharmacist, demonstrating accuracy, precision, and consistency relating to selection, documenting, and labeling functions.
- Prepares enhanced sterile product medications and performs needed calculations for preparing final product – consistently meets timelines of preparation within established schedules, policies, and guidelines.
- Assists in the creation, handling, and maintenance of a variety of pharmacy records, to promote efficient operation of the pharmacy and regulatory compliance.
- Assists with the clinical management of assigned patients under the supervision of a pharmacist and as permitted by law and regulation.
- Maintains integrity of IV admixture compounding area. Properly cleans and disinfects laminar flow cabinets, countertops, and equipment as required.
- Maintains dispensing area and medication storeroom in a neat, orderly, and clean condition as observed by the pharmacist.
- High school diploma or successful completion of general educational development (GED) exam required.
- Current enrollment in a PharmD degree program at an accredited school of pharmacy required.
- Completion of ASHP accredited (or comparable) pharmacy technician training program preferred.
- Previous sterile admixture pharmacy practice experience preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- This position Requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/28/2021